This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

You are here

  1. Home
  2. Featured teams
  3. Childrens social care
  4. Social worker

Social Workers

If you are a social worker beyond your assessed year in practice we want to hear from you to join our dynamic and committed services to children and young people. In this vital front-line role, you will hold ongoing key-worker responsibility for a dedicated caseload of children and young people. From individuals who are ‘in need’, or looked after by the Council, to those subject to a child protection plan, the subject of care proceedings, and care leavers.

You’ll be taking on a critical role in a service that believes that children are at the heart of everything we do.

What makes a good Social Worker?

What we offer

We offer high quality supervision, manageable caseloads and opportunities to participate in exciting projects.
Social workers will have manageable caseloads and we have a clear policy to ensure equity.  Social workers will have access to excellent training opportunities with a clear commitment to post qualifying professional development.  Social workers will receive 1:1 supervision no less than monthly and participation in reflective practice sessions.  Social workers benefit from the Council’s close working relationships with our three local Universities:  Bristol University, Bath Spa and University of the West of England (UWE) who provide first class training and development opportunities.

Supervision and professional support

  • All our social workers will receive a comprehensive induction process
  • Three weekly/ monthly supervision
  • Specialist consultation with CAMHS
  • Professional development opportunities as part of your continuing professional development together with targeted training to meet individual and service needs

Current vacancies

Use our jobs search to find any current vacancies.

Need to find out more about working with us?

To discuss any questions or talk to a person about the vacancies available please email or call.